Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 2nd—Where did February go?

We are now in the month of March….the month that contains March 31st which is the day I fly to Paris to see that lovely girlfriend of mine and some wonderful friends. Usually I take my days “day by day” but that date has always provided me with some strength and energy. Efforts to plan my spring break have taken full force. I have flights picked out, hotels lined up and plenty of anticipation brewing. If you can’t tell…I am extremely excited. Spring break is on everyone’s mind because we are all planning a trip that is beyond surreal. This is stuff we all dream of and are now taking steps to make it real. Crazy. That is all. And also, when I am making spring break trips…I often think about the epic trip back to Northern California. To this day, that family trip is been the time of my life…it was just absolutely amazing. I am soooo excited for that as well. Go Gus!!! Possible big foot sight?...who knows, we will see.

Alright, now it is just random thoughts for you.

I bought a computer speaker system (subwoofer and 2 small speakers). This was an essential purchase. You all know me and you all know I love to listen to music all the time and at loud levels. I love them and they make time at the apartment more enjoyable. I can get back to pretending my daily activities have a soundtrack. It’s great.

I tried going to a dance club last night with some friends. They denied me at the door because I had my rope sandals on. Ha! I thought this was great. I am glad it happened because this is not the establishment I want to be at. I will go ahead and say that is one downside to life here. People will actually judge you on what you are wearing. For me…that is just a ridiculous notion and there is not any place for it. Petro and I ended up running into two new local friends, Vasilis and Costas, and they invited us into the bozoukia literally right next door. Bozoukias have big stages with live performances with big bands. Everyone ends up dancing, including on stage and on tables. This is more my scene!

Classes are great. I find each one interesting and am learning a lot…contrary to possibly many of your beliefs. I love my literature class. The professor is absolutely great…someone to look up to. We read a piece prior to class…often times challenging…and then spend the class period discussing it. There is no pressure…we say what we think with no wrong answers…love it. The Greek language is coming very slowly but I am learning it piece by piece.

As always, I miss home. Family…you are in my thoughts. Madison…you are in my thoughts. I realize my attachment to UW and the city. I really don’t see any campus beating UW. I know I might be biased, but I just absolutely love that environment. Granted all my friends being there certainly does contribute to this feeling, but the city and campus are just perfect to me. I look forward to returning. The ONLY thing my campus now has over UW is mountains. I have taken quite the liking to my mountains here. We have a great relationship going…they let me climb and hike…and in return I give them a smile every time I see them!

As far as the people I have met here. I can’t seem to begin to explain them. They are all wonderful and I think I will wait to talk to you to explain them all. It would take too much effort to try and put to words off the top of my head.

No comments: