Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Feb. 16-First week of classes

Kalimera. It has been awhile but I have some moments before I leave for Friday’s classes. As I type, I hear a megaphone outside the apartment complex. Apparently, this person comes by a lot in the morning trying to sell things. I find that strategy insane. Anger people by waking them up and then try and make a sale. Soliciting is “welcome” anywhere. Anyone can walk into a restaurant and offer up to sell something. They are always discrete about it…but come on.

I am trying to recall the past couple of days. It has basically just been school. I have a wonderful European Studies class titled “Politics of the EU”. It has really highlighted my previous education’s inability to teach World history…as opposed to American history. I am learning some very interesting things from class. There is a variety of nationalities in the class…which makes for good viewpoints. My literature professor is great. She loves literature and tries to bring that out in the small 9 of us. My greek class is still intimidating. I have it first this morning and there is a sense of nervousness because I do not know the alphabet yet. We are not expected to know it, but that is what we are going over. Finally, I have a history class which should expand my European history “knowledge”. I am excited about that. Basically, I am just excited about the classes and school in general. That professor track is more and more appealing. I just really enjoy school.

Jameson was here last semester and we talked about becoming a professor as a career path. We are both in similar situations, except he is a philosophy major. Yikes, those discussions are just headaches. Anyway, we talked about this when we were at dinner. Paul(Georgia), Jameson(Kansas), Ozzy(Turkey) and Evo(Bulgaria) all went out to a taverna for dinner. I had the best chicken to this date. It was so moist…one of those dishes that seem to melt in the mouth.

No comments: