Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Feb. 23-Night to Celebrate Harrison’s Bday

Two weeks of school are gone now. My classes are very interesting. I am taking a Modern history class that hasn’t shown me anything quite yet. I just think we haven’t gotten into the bulk of the class yet. It is all introductory stuff, so I look forward to the real content. My “Politics of the European Union” class is completely interesting. I am learning so much with many different viewpoints. I have taken a big interest in the EU and the integration that comes from it. Some Europeans are for it and some are not. I love to hear what people have to say on the issue. Greek 101 has not been too difficult yet. We have just gotten through the alphabet. I can read Greek now!!! That is not much good to me yet though. Now starts the task of learning the vocabulary. Finally there is my literature class. I have a superb professor. She gets everyone involved and is completely passionate about her work. Seeing her in her field is really inspiring. The professor track has become more and more appealing.

What else…futbol is a blast. We have a pretty good team. So far we have just had an inter-team scrimmage. From what I see, we should put together a strong squad. The coach assigned me to a forward position at one point in the practice. I don’t want it. Hopefully I will end up in the midfield. There is a great midfielder on the team and I think we can do well together…hopefully. The Athens trip is going to be a great time. We are staying at the “President” hotel. Look it up online if you would like. That is what I have been doing and it looks quite nice.

I have been looking up spring break information. Looks like I will fly to Paris on March 30th…stay there with Courtney and friends from back home until the 7th…then Courtney and I will head south to the French Riviera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow….I cannot wait to spend time with that girl. We are just going to relax and experience s. france for a week. Then she will come to Greece for a week. We are so blessed to have these opportunities. Trust me, we will not take them for granted. The bank will certainly take a hit, but it is something I must do. I have found some great airfare deals.

The search for summer work continues. I have gotten responses from some very exciting opportunities….but I have put myself in a place where person-to-person interviews are not all that possible. Not many companies are fond of phone interviews. This puts me in a jam. Let me know if any of you got ideas!

50 or so of us head to Meteora tom. For a weekend school field trip. Search the place on google images or wait for pictures from me. This place looks absolutely amazing. You will see. I am excited to just travel a bit…get to use that brand new backpack…shout out to Gus and Christie for that gift.

I miss Courtney, home, Madison, friends, ice cream, my stereo, my bed, Asian cuisine, everything…but I am growing fond of this place. Gyros truly are one of the best meals here…2 Euros for a pita filled with meat, fries, onions and ketchup. It is a fulfilling meal to say the least. Dido’s is two right around the corner. The young gentleman speaks no English and whistles tunes and jumps around while making the food. It is a great spectacular. I love the fact that I get to see mountains every day. That will never get old. Meeting people and learning about other cultures is priceless.

Until next time my family, friends and love. Have the bestest days, smile and say hello to me whenever you get a chance. Signs from home are so comforting to me here. Ya Sas!

No comments: