Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Feb.11-Day before school.

Early Sunday afternoon here. I believe most people are sleeping. I got up early…compared to everyone else…to run and check my e-mail. I couldn’t wait to hear all about Courtney’s travels in New York City. I then walked around to try and find some food. I still don’t have all the essentials to make a decent meal. Most places…and I mean almost every place is closed on Sundays. I did find one of my favorite gyro places to be open. That was a nice surprise.

So then I made it back here to find the apartment complex pretty much dead. I am not so keen on the location of my room. It is on the first floor tucked in the corner. Most of the students are on the 5-8 floors. It is easy for me to miss out on little stuff that other students are doing. Oh well.

We all went salsa dancing last night. I was able to learn one basic step. It is something else to see an experienced couple dancing salsa on the floor. They literally move and twirl as one. I wonder if gus and Christie are at that stage yet. We then went to a big dance club right on the water. Harrison, my pal from London, knew the “bouncers and got us all in. The place wasn’t all that impressive. It was overcrowded and not many friendly faces I would say. I am not sure if that is the “cool club face” or general impressions by the younger population. I hope for the first.

I finally met Ozzy(Turkish) and Jameson(Kansas) at the end of the night. They were here last semester and had been traveling around a bit. Both seem interesting. They had some bob Marley loudly when I walked in. I hadn’t heard those songs in a while. It was nice.

Was hoping to play some futbol today with the guys. It is a tad bit rainy out so I am not sure how motivated the others will be. I just hope it doesn’t turn out to everyone just laying around in the apartment. I’ll find something to do. Adio for now.

No comments: